Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Pro-Life?

What's Good folks? Let's get right into this one (Pause) lol.

So as you may or may not know I am Pro-Life which means I don't believe in abortions unless its done due to certain circumstances. But as I've gotten older I've come to realize that I can't truly and fully say that I am pro-life until the moment I find myself in the situation where I have to make that choice comes.

So Allow me to take you back to where this topic is coming from. Yesterday afternoon my good friend said this to me after the topic of her son was brought up: "If he were yours I would have Aborted him." Now I know it sounds harsh but I respect it because aside from myself she is the only person who I know keeps it extremely honest each time she opens her mouth. Within reason of course, she doesn't just open her mouth just to hear the sound of her voice. Shout outs to you Love.
So naturally right after hearing that I said "Ouch you would have offed my Seed?" But after thinking about it more carefully I realized that her saying those words were a Gift and a Curse.

So 2 years ago the day where I would have had to make the decision to allow my child to have a life came. But that's the bullet that I dodged because the child in question wasn't mine, and so, on the day that my lil brother turned 16 years old the baby boy that would have been mine was born. Crazy right?

The Gift
So whenever I see pics of the lil man I smile. Smile because I'm happy he was given his God given chance to live, smile because I know he brings his mom happiness, but above all else I Smile because I don't nor did I ever have to worry: "Damn, how am I gonna feed my son? How am I gonna put clothes on his back, food on his high chair and how am I gonna pay his Doctors bills? And How am I gonna explain this to my mom?" I mean of course his mom would've provided for him like she does now, but I would of course had to bring half to the table. So that's the blessing!

The Curse
But of course the fact remains that had he been mine he would have been aborted and I would have never known the answers to my questions like: "Will my first born look like me? Will he realize that I'm gonna die trying to show him that I'm gonna be a better father than my father was? What would have my son made of his life?" I guess in the end there's not much use in asking "What if?" right?

But I would like to let ya know that despite all that was mentioned, don't look at my homegirl and think she is harsh or a bitch or anything like that. I still love her deeply and she was just looking at the situation in the most realistic matter possible. So again, Shout outs to you love.

As for Ya'll Lemme know how ya feel.
Stay Up and Stay Tuned!

4 comments:

Jus Capital H said...

Cuz That Topic Is Very Iffy With A-lot Of People...Because You Can Look At Some People And Be Like Damn You Was A Waste Of Sperm...But On The Other Hand It's All A Gift And A Mystery Worth Finding Out Because You Don't Know What That Kid Could Turn Out To Be...So If I Was In A Situation I Keep Mines So I Don't Live Life With The WHAT-IF Hanging Over My Head...

Eno Bull said...

I FULLY AGREE CUZ, BUT LOOKIN BACK, I WAS 19 ITS JUST A BLESSING THAT IT WASN'T MY CHILD CAUSE I WOULDN'T HAVE KNOWN WHAT TO DO WITH HIM, AND CHANCES ARE WOULDN'T HAVE TO BECAUSE HE WOULDN'T HAVE MADE IT ANYWAY! SO AT THE END OF THE DAY EVERYTHING WORKED OUT FOR THE BEST. THE LORD WAS LOOKIN OUT!

M33KS::4::MVS!C said...

Well you already know me E..I believe that if the child had been yours, there would have been nothing to worry about simply because God always makes a way out of no way..He knows what we need even before we need it..In that situation you wouldn't have had to worry about food, clothing, or anything else because He would have made it happen somehow if that was a part of His plan for your life....

Eno Bull said...

VERY TRUE JEMEKA, THAT IS THE ONE FACTOR THAT I SHOULDN'T HAVE YET I DID OVERLOOK!