Saturday, November 6, 2010

Sweet Sweet November

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I'm MAD Hype! lol.

So the other day I woke up to a Tweet mention from our boy AJ (@jdimag - Follow him.) It was attached to a Twit Pic of the brand new 'New Era BXL' fitted cap. WHAAAAT!? I knew they were in production, and I knew that there was various concepts as to how they would look. But I had almost forgotten that I saw the blueprints. So I immediately woke up, and looked at my teams hat in amazement. I couldn't believe it, i felt as if i had just been signed to the Yankees or something.

Anyway, So Buddy text'd me and said lets go pick up these hats... I was ten steps ahead of him, I zipped up my jackets, drove up the block to get him and we hopped on the 95! We met AJ at his office where the box of black BXL fitteds sat. We took em outta the box and just smiled. I can't begin to explain how excited I was to finally see something that just started out as a simple idea come to life in a tangible thing that I was now holding in my hand.

For those of you who aren't in the know, New Era is the company that provides all the MLB (Major league Baseball) teams with the caps that they wear with their uniforms on the field. They've become somewhat of a fashionable accessory with the general public. They of course are not limited to just baseball... They also have NBA team fitted, and most recently NFL. Nike has now bought New Era so naturally they make hats that match sneakers.

But before I get besides myself giving you 'New Era's' history (if you don't know about them google it) let me continue explaining to you about our fitted.
See me, I only wear Yankee fitteds, for the exception of maybe 2 or 3 others that I've ever bought.

Supreme amongst many other have had collaborations with 'New Era' and now my team is amongst that elite.
Naturally I feel what Buddy said "I love the Yankees, but I don't play for them, this is MY team, my team has its own fitted now" VERY TRUE.... not to say I won't wear a Yankee fitted anymore, but once all the new colorways of my team's hat come along...... Well you see where I'm going with this. Anyway, I've rambled long enough.

Check out the hat:
^Looked at this like my Signing Contract lol^

                                                                  No Words Needed

 *Remember to always take the 'New Era' sticker off your brim*

I literally am still at a lost for words, despite all the ones I managed to put on this page. Lol
AJ thanks a Mil man! You the muh Effin man! lol

Stay Up and Stay Tuned....

No comments: