Monday, December 28, 2009

GoodBye One Last Time

As some of you may or may not know, I've never been good with public speaking, and despite how outspoken and blunt I can be, today I still can't find the words to share.

With that said there's no way I could get up in front of my peers, and the family and friends of a friend to share some words about who he was last night. But since writing has always been my best way of communication that's how I am choosing to say goodbye to a friend one last time.

A friend of ours (BXL, other friends from the neighborhood) was gunned down and hit with 8 bullets back in the summer time. The assailants objective was without a doubt to kill him. But my friend was blessed with the mercy of God and survived only to make a slight recovery and be stabbed to death a few months later.

My friend wasn't a saint, in fact none of us alive are, but despite that fact, no one alive deserves to meet their demise at the hands of another human being, which is what happened to him. Despite so many things in our lives, we fail to realize how much we mean to so many people. All it takes is for someone to take the life of another to take away a piece of so many more people. In killing that one person, you've killed someone's parent, someone's child, someone's sibling, someone's cousin, grandchild, aunt or uncle, someone's friend, and the list can go on forever. I've realized today how 24 years can be a long time for many things, but can be so short for a persons life. I feel that no parent should ever have to bury their child, and yet again, I've witnessed that very event taking place.

As I walked into the funeral home last night I passed many familiar faces... but these familiar faces all displayed un familiar emotions. People that I had never seen shed tears were short of breah from crying with blood shot red eyes. To hear a mother scream in Spanish "Lord why did you take my son? Lord why?" hurt my heart and reminded me of other mothers in my own family that had lost their children. Death is never easy and of course I assume that explains why I despise funerals, but of course I feel my respect to my friend is due. When I walked up to his casket the first time I looked at him in complete dis belief, i didn't know how to feel, i just know that my depression, anger and sadness consumed me. Our friends, his family all around me crying and trying not to shed tear only made me cry. A few people had been asking me details of the event during the past week and I answered to them all the same way: "It doesn't matter, my friend is gone and how it happened won't change that"

I could say more but I feel I've shared enough, so with a very heavy heart I say goodbye one last time.

So To Ronnie Garcia (Better know to us as Ron G) R.I.P brother, you will be missed and never forgotten.

3 comments:

Eno Bull said...

THIS WAS A BBM RESPONSE TO THIS BLOG POST, FROM RONNIE'S AUNT, IT LITERALLY MADE MY WEEK AND I WANT TO SHARE IT WITH ALL OF YOU:

Es la mama de stephanie tu tiene una palabras maravillosas que dios te bendiga mi hijo y gracias por tu palabra. Lo que tu dice es verda y no lo pudiste decir mas claro. Que dios te bendiga edwin y que dios te limbra de todo los mal

M33KS::4::MVS!C said...

I agree with her when she says you couldn't have made it any more clear..This is a great post E..I'm prayin for you and all others who are grieving..Love ya much!

Eno Bull said...

THANKS A MIL JEMEKA. AS ALWAYS YOUR COMMENT AND YOUR PRAYERS ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED.