Monday, November 2, 2009

Biggest Business in America

Aight this one might be long cause I'm bout to black out!

I was looking for some deep quotes to open this post with, but I didn't find any worth my time. so allow me to make one up on the spot:

Urgh uhmmm:
Education is both the emancipation and entrapment of natural curiosity and imagination.
-Eno Bull-

and now some words from tonight's Sponsor:
Jay-Z: "I felt so inspired by what my teacher said, she said I'd either be dead or be a reefer head, I'm not sure if that's how adults should speak to kids"

Aight and now with our regularly scheduled program - so I've always said that I love to learn and that's the truth, but I swear to everything I love; I HATE school. Allow me to tell you why. Since I was a lad I saw not the need to wake up early every morning to go and be taught things I would never need in my real life by a person who felt the same way I did some 20 years prior. You see growing up I appreciated art class and I must admit history was kinda cool, but i couldn't understand for the life of me why it was important to know the square root of some odd shape the teacher just pulled out her ass. I mean be honest, when's the last time you were in your retail job and someone came and asked you: "Excuse me, my size is the square root of 134, do you by any chance have that size in stock?" or when was the last time someone asked you what the weight of the 6th element was?

Let's be honest at the end of the day a good education can't hurt, in fact it helps, but in this life at least in my opinion "it's not what you know, it's who you know"

While I was working at Sak's there was a young lady who did visuals. I happen to know that that young lady was/is making $20 an hour.... So you telling me I have to have a formal Ivy League education to change the clothes on a mannequin each day? Not likely... but whatever. It's all about money. Why do our parents tell us: "you have to go to school" I'll tell you why: cause soiety's order of things is as follows: Your born, you spend 3 years at home with mom and or babysitters, by the time your 4 your already in school despite the fact that you can barley hold your piss in the event of having to go potty, then your in school til your 21. So after those 17 years spent in a classroom what do you get? A F*&k'n piece of paper that tells your future employer that you went to school. Shit, are you serious? My word isn't enough? Of course it isn't, you see, the days of a man's word having merit no longer exist, it's all about paper. So me sayin "I went to such and such school and got my degree in whatever" doesn't matter without that sealed paper proof.

So being that it is that way why do I need school again? Only 20 percent of 2009 college grads who applied for a job graduated with one in hand. 20 Percent? Shit I'm better off picking up a mic and trying my luck at rappin. Which brings me to college. We're not even talking Ivy league schools I mean bumass CUNY's and SUNY's you mean to tell me I have to pay you x amount of dollars and then pay $400+ for thousand page books and I'm only gonna use one or two chapters? Come the eff on! WHAT FOR? WHY? See the way I see it is, if I have a plan and I know its gonna work out (by work out I mean pay me enough to live and survive) then why do I need that piece of paper? And don't waste your time asking those who have degrees they seem to have been brainwashed into believing that they NEEDED it.

This is also in no way shape or form an attempt, intentional or otherwise, to insult any and every person reading this who just so happened to take that road and got their degree. This is just my opinion. Be it blissful ignorance or truth this is just how I feel.

I could go on forever but I've said enough and have barely scratched the surface of my point, so I'll just leave the rest up to ya. As always feel free to comment.

Stay up and Stay Tuned.

No comments: