Monday, September 9, 2013

26 FOR 26

YAOOOOOOOW!!

What's going on Bull Penners? How ya livin?
So... I've been 26 years old for the passed 26 days! Shame on you if you didn't wish me my happy birthday! Lol, Just playin with you.

Funny how things stay the same or change according to how you see things. By no means am I where I thought I'd be by 26, but I feel I'm way further than what I was last year. They say with age comes wisdom, well I feel it comes with experience and I feel I've experienced enough in the last year to make me much wiser for tomorrow. I feel That I've found the love of my life and life with her is so amazing. We're happy together and regardless of the bumps in the road, I'm extremely grateful for the journey. Glad to say that I've lost no friends in the passed year, in fact I made more.

You know how you say: "I'm gonna start doing this" and "I wanna start doing that?" Well I've started a few things since I've been 26. I'm still a photographer and what better way to further motivate myself than by hanging some of my favorite pictures on the wall!? I'm sure you're thinking: "Pictures on the wall? Big deal!" But actually, it is a big deal, it's a big deal to me because I've been saying that I'm going to start "printing photos and hang em on my wall" for years now. I have the picture I've had for the longest of my homegirls legs in my sneakers in the middle and I've printed a few 16x20's to put around it. A picture of Juno, a picture of me my baby and Juno in the park, a picture of some Jordan sneakers (Of course, right!?) and a lovely picture of my aunt and uncle that I took for them on the beach in Honduras for their 40th wedding anniversary last year. Soon to be hung up are the photos of other photographers who I know and respect, along with a few others of my own. Pictures of Rudy, a picture of the Brooklyn Bridge and a whole bunch of other joints.

I also got my drivers license. I know I spoke a lot of smack about not getting it for a long time and honestly I would have gone much more time without it but my permit was about to expire on my birthday, and I for damn sure wasn't gonna be the one to renew my permit a second time! So it made more sense to me to go take my 5 hour class, take my road test and knock it out. I'm an amazing driver (regardless of whatever anyone tells you) so that was a quick 1, 2 thing. Can you believe they never caught my driving alone with nothing else but a permit for damn near 10 years!? Lol! Take that NYPD! Aight fine they caught me one time and gave me a ticket, but so what? I didn't get point taken off of anything, didn't see any jail time or none of that shit. Lucky or what?

As for photography, It's moving slow right now, but I plan on doing a few things to pick up the pace real soon to see that it is where I need it to be. But I did buy a eighteen hundred dollar lens! Lol, Yeah, hold dat. (Although I bought that when I was still 25.) I am also trying to take a course in crime scene photography. So let's see how that goes.
In my opinion the biggest change in my book at this stage in my life is the fact that I am now working out. I stepped on my scale 4 weeks ago and it told me that I weighed 292 lbs. I wasn't having that! I won't tell you how much I've lost cause truthfully I didn't even wanna tell ya that I've been working out. But yeah, I've been knockin out a lil over 7 miles each day, joggin' and walkin'. I've changed my diet and I'm trying to change my lifestyle all together. The goal is simply to look good in my clothes at this point next year. So by the time I'm 27 for 27 I can report that I kinda fell off but I've lost an entire 6th grade child weight wise. Lol. This is by far one of the more important things I've started in my life and I must say, it's actually very exciting. I won't give ya my diet or regimen cause according to how much weight I lose in a certain amount of time I just might want to sell my story when I'm done. Shhhhhhh... Don't tell nobody! Lol.

All in all, 26 is treating me swell and I am looking forward to the following 339 days of it. Keep your fingers crossed and pray for me that it goes according to my plan.

Well that's this post. Hope all has been well for you, my reader.
If it isn't, I can only promise you that tomorrow will come and hopefully it will be better for you.

Stay Up and Stay Tuned!

No comments: