Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mothers Day

From your womb I came into this world 
kicking and screaming,
cold and alone, til the moment the doctor placed me in your arms.
Nearest to your heart, I laid in your arms and from that moment I knew
that I would never again feel cold and alone. 
A mother is a best friend from the Lord above.
And Lord knows I've never known a better friend than you,
Mom.

Good Morning all....
That was my attempt at a Mothers Day Poem off the top of my head. Lol, so what it doesn't rhyme. Lol
Anyway, I just wanted to take some time out to talk to my mommy through the art of written words. 

Dear Mom,

               For as long as I can remember, you've always been my best friend. I could always confide in you and trust that you will both understand and never judge me. We've been through a lot over the years. You've become my financial and spiritual adviser lol, my therapist, and just an overall cool ass mom son! < See what I did there? Lol. There's no words in the English language or in any other for that matter that could ever begin to explain the amount of love I have and always will have for you, to explain to you how grateful I am that I have you. You've done a tremendous job raising me and my little brother, and when I look at you, I can't help but thank God a million times for giving me the best mom in the world.  Te quiero mucho mami, que Dios the bendiga.

  Me and My Mommy's Mommy Yesterday
All I had to do was say "Say Cheeeese Grandma"
and she lit up like a Light bulb.
I thank God for her everyday!

  L to: R
Me, My lil brother Rudy and Mommy Dearest!
This was Rudy's Graduation

Me and My Queen!
I Love you Mom!

So to my mom and to all the mothers in the world, please know that Mothers Day is everyday. Every morning that you wake up to have your babies up and ready for school, everyday that you change a diaper or stay up through the night because your child is sick, every time you worry cause your kids are going out with their friends or whatever else, we (your children) are appreciating you.

To all the single mothers your appreciation is more than doubled. Everyone knows being a mom is the hardest job in the world, but it's even harder when you have to do it alone. To all my aunts, my friends with children, I love you all. Happy Mothers Day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw the video and didn't think that Jay did anything wrong. He tapped freeway in the back in a "please excuse us" gesture - I think he was very professional about it. This wasn't the right time to reminisce on old times. What was Freeway doing on the stage? Was he a bodyguard? Was he a promoter? I understand that Jay could've shook his hand before he sent him on his way, but I go back to my original question: "What was Freeway doing on the stage?" Overall, I see no fault on Jay'z part.

BZayas said...

This is such a beautiful post, but then again I wouldn't expect anything less coming from you.